Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spooktacular Cakes!

I didn't realize how long it's been since my last post. My deepest apologies. Not much has been going on these past few weeks in the world of baking, unfortunately. I have started my third and final Wilton Cake Decorating class which deals with Fondant and gum paste. (Our final is tomorrow!)

Anyway, Halloween was a few days ago so I decided to make a throwdown graveyard cake for my parents Halloween party. It turned out ok. Seeing as it was a thrown together cake, I can't complain.

Spooky graveyard!
I did a basket weave for the sides which turned out messy seeing as I was rushing myself. Any who, this was the creation! The tombstones were made from Milano cookies dipped in candy coating that I colored. I call this the lazy way since the other way involves candy molds etc. and I just don't have the patience.

A closer and fuzzier view of the graveyard.
My favorite thing about this cake would have to be the grass. It's so easy to do and actually looks like clumps of grass, which I think is awesome!

1 comment: