Friday, November 4, 2011

The Grand Finale!

So last night was my third and final cake course with the Wilton decorating class. (There's another one coming up in February that I can't wait for!) Anyways, we had to design a final cake covered and fondant. We got to create whatever we wanted. I chose zebra stripes for some reason. I figured it would be easy, and it was.

Pink zebra cake. Inside is red velvet with butter cream icing.
I decided to create my "zebra stripes" in pink because I didn't want to stain my hands in black. I think it turned out pretty cute though.

Top Angle
I do have the bow that I just need to assemble to place on top, but I like the simplicity. I could always make a mini cake to place on top and give it a finished look, but for the time I had, I think it looks nice.

Well from here on out, all cakes/creations will be purely for fun and not "homework"

1 comment: