Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Time is Here

Well it's that time of year to get into high gear and bake! Thank goodness for me, I don't have much baking to be done! My cousin requested a cake for her preschool class Christmas party and seeing as I have been dying to try out some fondant work, I thought, hey this is a great opportunity to do so!
I wonder what's inside?
The picture above is probably one of my favorite cakes I have made to date. It is a 3 layer yellow cake with regular buttercream icing. My red is not as red as I hoped, but I still love it and it wasn't difficult at all! It was pretty heavy to carry but completely worth it!

For the bow, all I did was roll out my fondant pretty thin and using a pizza cutter, cut thin strips. I attached them with piping gel and put a toothpick in them to make them stay up. (Don't worry, the toothpicks were removed when the fondant dried).

This is the extent of my Christmas baking, but I will later post the sugar cookies my mom makes every year, they are awesomely decorated!

No comments:

Post a Comment